It can be so hard to think of new inspiration for date night. Ya gotta mix things up because it gets old doing the same old same old. If you’ve been in a relationship for a long time, you might experience a date night mental block. I have been with my husband for 12 years so sometimes it is hard to think of something new and fun to do. If you share this struggle, I have dug deep into my memory and recovered some great date night experiences that I hope inspires you!
- Go to your local comedy club. Who doesn’t enjoy a laugh?
- Try out a new restaurant. Go find some Cuban or Persian food. Try something new!
- Night skiing or tubing.
- Grown-up arcades (these have a bar). You would be surprised how fun it can be to settle into a game of Mortal Combat, Air Hockey, skee-ball or whatever you fancy. My husband really likes Joust.
- Bowling. It’s really fun to bowl at a place like Lucky Strike where you can find a full bar and dinner menu delivered directly to you.
- Go find some live music. Check out where your top local cover bands are playing.
- My husband and I used to go for an aimless drive, see where we’d end up, then grab some dinner. Sometimes it was a totally different town or a new discovery in our own home town.
- Go downtown and visit a local art exhibit with your honey.
- Check out your local Zoo, ours has fun activities year-round.
- Find a local beer garden and enjoy a laid back time with some grub.
- Enjoy an evening hike or bike ride around sunset.
- Visit your local winery or distillery and enjoy a tour and a tasting.
- Go on a walking ghost tour of your city, or perhaps a walking ghost tour pub crawl!
- Take an art class together, my husband and I took pottery together and really enjoyed ourselves.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Have a game night in, play some checkers, chess, scrabble, mancala, etc. in front of the fireplace. ❤
- Embark on a puzzle together. Two heads are better than one.