I have tried many a product and consulted many a skincare expert when searching for the best products for my sensitive skin. The trick is finding that balance between quality and cost. My opinion is that you can’t get the good stuff for super cheap. No way. No how. There’s a lot of cost and trial an error involved with this method of elimination! I have battled skin ailments such as severe acne, skin cancer, rashes and hives. Who knows what’ll be next? Hopefully nothing, but I like to be prepared. My journey has led me to putting my faith in the following products.
- My number one favorite skin care brand is definitely Sanitas>>. Non-toxic, biogenic, cruelty-free, dye-free, no preservatives, and more. Products are made in my home state (bonus!). I love Sanitas for facial cleansers, masks, toners, serums, lotions, and really anything they make that goes on my skin. This is a brand I trust and have used for years.
- Obagi>>. I believe in Obagi and have used these products for years as well. However, I do find myself consistently getting one item from Obagi: Sun Shield Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen in the “Cool” tone for people who have a naturally rosy complexion. I like it a lot because it counteracts the redness. It also comes in a “Warm” Shade for those with the opposite skin type! This baby protects against UVB and UVA radiation and the infrared defense buffers the skin from heat-derived oxidative stress. I use this on my face every day, especially living in the Mile High City.
- Elta MD>>. My dermatologist and medical esthetician swear by this stuff. Elta MD protects against UVA and UVB rays and is a product recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. The two products I consistently buy from Elta MD are the Aero Sunscreen>>, which I use as my all over body sunscreen, and the Tinted Facial Suncreen>>. Bonus for the Mama’s out there: my medical esthetician assured me this was safe for babies and I have used it on my 1 year old.
- Aveeno>>. What can I say? Aveeno is da bomb. Here’s what I love and buy consistently:
- Daily Moisturizing Body Yogurt>> because it really is creamy, non-greasy, and definitely moisturizes my body for 48 hours;
- Postively Radiant Skin Brightening Exfoliating Daily Facial Scrub>>;
- Postively Radiatn Intensive Moisturing Night Cream>>; and
- Daily Mositurizing Body Wash>>.